1. We believe the modern charismatic movement characterized so often by “sign gifts” are primarily apostolic gifts and that they ceased to be exhibited after apostolic times with the completion of the Bible. Their purpose was to lend authority to the message of the apostles as the “sent ones” associated with Jesus Christ. As the apostle’s authority became established the gifts were no longer needed therefore they disappeared.
2. We believe in the eternal security of the believer I.e. once a person is truly saved they are saved for all eternity. The saved, may at times, sin and rebel against the Lord but God, who is faithful, will discipline them and bring them back to Himself.
3. We believe just as Jesus ascended into heaven that one day He will return again to earth to receive His church through an event known as the “rapture.” A blast from the trumpet of God and a shout from the archangel will call His church (all saved individuals) from this world instantly. Those who have died in faith and those believers alive at that moment will be “snatched” from this world to meet the Lord in the air.
4. We believe following the “rapture” of the church a time of tribulation will come upon the earth. This “tribulation” will last seven years as prophesied by Daniel the prophet. Our Lord will bring the tribulation to a close with His visible physical return to this earth thereby defeating the antichrist and establishing His kingdom. Satan will be bound for one thousand years during which time the earth will know great material and physical blessings. After a thousand years, Satan will be loosed from his prison and will attempt to unite the unbelieving people for one final challenge to God which will end in the defeat of Satan and all who joined with Him in this rebellion.
5. We believe that God’s people will enjoy blessing in Him forever in heaven (eternal state) and that all unbelievers having been judged by God at the “Great White Throne” will spend eternity, as they have manifested their desire by rejection of Christ, in the Lake of Fire (hell). Once a person enters into hell their hope is gone forever and they can never escape that place of torment.
6. A person is saved, “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast” (Ephesians 2:8-9). Realizing, “ But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:8). And, “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23). Understanding, “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:8). For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord” (Romans 6:23). Responding, “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness, and with the mouth, confession is made unto salvation” (Romans 10:9-10). “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved” (Romans 10:13).